There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Depends where you're coming from.

Current Employee - Asset Protection Manager
Current Employee - Asset Protection Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great business and HR experience for people with no access to college and no career experience. They will learn how to hire, fire, promote, coach and evaluate in the right positions. Fun work environment if you have a soft spot for inanity all day and night.

Cons

Over - functionalized execution for the common associate; a step back for college grads with real experience.

Advice to Management

Executive management needs to understand how difficult execution is at the store level with all the great ideas reconciled against the realities of time, energy and commitment from some stores' associates. Metro stores are extremely challenged for good workers committed to getting the job done, caring about shrink and safety and good customer service, leaving committed associates and managers frustrated when they get poor evaluations and no bonuses despite trying so very hard to do a great job. Change the evaluation process to appreciate genuine effort and recognize the difference between "development needed" and "assistance needed."

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Worst Job EVER!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hilo, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hilo, HI

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 10% discount on SOME items purchased.

Cons

Poor training, unrealistic work demands, poor motivational guidance from management, nepotism, poor "open door" policy, lack of job security, low wage, low weekly work hours

Advice to Management

Remember that you are managing PEOPLE, not robots.

2. Pharmacy Technician at Central Florida store

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Walmart did pay for my Pharmacy Technician certification and license renewal.

Cons

Hardly any rules and state laws were followed by pharmacy staff. Staff often no call, no show, with no repercussions. I was initially hired as a seasonal cashier, then within 2 months, transferred to the pharmacy and for another 2 months took their pharmacy training course and studied for the Certification Exam. I continued to work for Walmart as a Certified/Registered Pharmacy Technician for an additional 8 months without ever receiving a pay increase to that of a pharmacy technicians salary. Instead, human resources continued to keep me coded as a "cashier" receiving cashier pay. I complained over and over again, but the only thing that happened, were new excuses as to what was going on and how it would be fixed and how much money I would make once it is fixed.

Advice to Management

Follow through with salary negotiations. Punish employees, when appropriate for behaviors like being absent either multiple times or without calling in. Enforce both company policy and State Law or terminate employee. Do not allow a pharmacy to be ran like a lemonade stand!