has been good overall

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Evanston, WY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Evanston, WY

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great hours great pay great people to work with

Cons

holiday pay moving up in the company

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Unfair treatment

Former Employee - Maintenance Associate in East Windsor, NJ
    Former Employee - Maintenance Associate in East Windsor, NJ

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the one thing I liked about it, is I was lucky to be working with mostly a pleasant bunch of coworkers.

Cons

EVERYTHING! From the Managers to the Hours... According to the 1 of the night managers, i was let go because i wasn't working HARD ENOUGH... meanwhile he never EVER saw me work a single night... all the other night managers raved about my work ethic and mannerisms. I told him to bring the other managers in and we'll see how they really felt and he wouldn't.. just kept mumbling,,, since the first time he just saw me, he wanted to fire me and even my coworkers told me the same.. Then AFTER i was fired the manager said i was fired for stealing (GAMES I WAS RE-SHELVING)!, oh and also another reason was i was smoking in the store,, I DON'T SMOKE)! and lastly that I was sleeping during work... (ON MY LUNCH)!,, Definitely felt like suing because i had convincing proof of mistreatment but i just want to be rid of the nuisances in my life... Oh and not to mention the particular store is known for firing "temp" employees right before their 90 days is up just to avoid paying them and giving benefits,,, OVERALL-PATHETIC.

Advice to Management

Next time before you fire an employee, how about you check to see if what was said was even true? which it turned out WASN'T ... STOP TAKING OUT YOUR FRUSTRATION WITH CORPORATE ON STORE LEVEL WORKERS.

2. Not at all what they proclaim

Former Employee - Cashier Associate in Hartland, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier Associate in Hartland, MI

I worked at Walmart part-time

Pros

they have profit sharing

Cons

scheduling, attitudes of management, all about the money, employees aren't allowed to help a customer at all if they aren't on the clock. So if a customer needs help like being showed where to find an item and you just so happen to be walking by in uniform and they stop you for help then you have to say hold on I'm off the clock I will get someone to help you, how ridiculous is that?

Advice to Management

listen to the employees more, we may not make as much money but we count just as much as you