There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Love the job

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Mayfield, KY
Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Mayfield, KY

I have been working at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been with walmart for a few months now, and im loving it there. I work in overnight frozen/dairy, and though it may not pay well, its better pay than my last job. Cant really complain much.
Friendly management, hard working employees, and stocks are mostly up.

Cons

Some dont follow the book when it comes to the rules and safty, inventory is a nightmare, and its almost impossible to move up unless you work so hard your body hits the floor.

Give career opportunities not only to the overly worked, but to those that actually CARE for the company, its future, and its operations.

8478 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Worked for Walmart for many years.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I work with Walmart because of it's core beliefs. Customer Service, Respect for the Individual and Striving for Excellence. Wal-Mart knows the importance of good associates and is consistent with their pay and benefits structure. People wanting to further their career have a lot of opportunities with this company and can plan the route to best take to achieve their goals.

Cons

Third shift positions are difficult for most for work life balance due to shift change. Most of the hourly positions should be full time positions also due to it is hard to hire people for this shift and to retain them. Pay to help with the cost of living has not gone up for a while and the expense of living has definitely gone up.

Third shift 4 days on and 4 days off for management is good to help with work life balance. Some store managers need to get their managers out of the store in a timely manner rather than keeping them for a couple of extra hours after they work a 12 and a half hour shift. Third shift managers are also held more accountable than those on days. Days time managers need to have completion of tasks expectations also. Management working at length for the company that wants to take an hourly position at the end of their career should have a better pay than the structure of what the company currently offers for those positions. This should take into account total years with the company and what pay they would have if they had been hourly during that time for the duration.

Time is precious, its one thing you spend and can never get back. Don't waist the customers time.

Current Employee - Overnight Stock in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Overnight Stock in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wal-Mart usually has the basic shopper needs, if it is in stock. It is not often that what I need is not in stock. The prices are usually the lowest on everyday needs. Wal-Mart is a habit, you trust that you will be getting the best price for what you need and keep you from hunting through adds and sales papers. Walmart's one stop to shop multiple needs makes it easier on the busy lifestyle customers have these days.

Cons

Customer service is just not there anymore. The employees never look happy. They look so stressed or focused on task that it feels like an inconvenience to stop them for help. When you do ask someone to help, they usually reply, " I don't know ". It is either they don't know the area or product in the store or they don't know who works in the area. Lines are too long to check out, and there are always just a handful of register operators. I will shop where I feel appreciated or see happy employees, the prices are comparable to just about anywhere now. It takes too long to shop and check out.

Make your employees happy and they will make your customers happy. Keep registers open and running swiftly or customers WILL go somewhere else to shop. It is bad when even the employees will clock out and leave the store, and shop somewhere else to avoid long lines.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart