Love the job

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Mayfield, KY
Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Mayfield, KY

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with walmart for a few months now, and im loving it there. I work in overnight frozen/dairy, and though it may not pay well, its better pay than my last job. Cant really complain much.
Friendly management, hard working employees, and stocks are mostly up.

Cons

Some dont follow the book when it comes to the rules and safty, inventory is a nightmare, and its almost impossible to move up unless you work so hard your body hits the floor.

Advice to Management

Give career opportunities not only to the overly worked, but to those that actually CARE for the company, its future, and its operations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to grow

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Great benefits, lots of room to grow

Cons

bad management team, work/life balance

2. Cashier/Stocker/ Customer Service/ People Greeter/ Cart Pusher/ Self Checkout/ Check Balancing

Former Employee - Multiple Positions Cashier, Overnight Stocker in Ames, IA
    Former Employee - Multiple Positions Cashier, Overnight Stocker in Ames, IA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience in many different positions, personal growth opportunities, and you can move up the ladder quickly. Change positions anytime you want. 10% discount card. My overnight assistant managers in Iowa was awesome! Overnights are fun and the time goes by quick.

Cons

The pay sucks. For Walmart I had many different positions Cashier/Stocker/ Customer Service/ People Greeter/ Cart Pusher/ Self Checkout/ Check Balancing. My favorite position was a over night stocker only because I did not have to deal with customers, and I got paid more because it was overnights, and the time went by super fast. You will not be able to do full time until you work their for a while. If the store is under staff then you can be full time in no time. Overnight positons get paid a 1.50 more I believe. I was getting paid 9.40 an hour to do overnights in Iowa 2014.