There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Love the job

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Mayfield, KY
Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Mayfield, KY

I have been working at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been with walmart for a few months now, and im loving it there. I work in overnight frozen/dairy, and though it may not pay well, its better pay than my last job. Cant really complain much.
Friendly management, hard working employees, and stocks are mostly up.

Cons

Some dont follow the book when it comes to the rules and safty, inventory is a nightmare, and its almost impossible to move up unless you work so hard your body hits the floor.

Give career opportunities not only to the overly worked, but to those that actually CARE for the company, its future, and its operations.

8536 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Great people, Unattainable Expectations

Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Oakwood, GA
    Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Oakwood, GA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great associates to work with. Usually flexible hours. Benefits package is nice.

Cons

Stressful job meant to push the limits of their employees to the point they either get burned out and quit or mess up enough to be considered temporary and terminated. Leadership is mediocre at best. Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Take care of your hourly associates, they are the faces and names your customers see everyday. Ensure that you let them know how important they are each day. A paycheck should not be the only form of gratitude for a job well done.

Time is precious, its one thing you spend and can never get back. Don't waist the customers time.

Current Employee - Overnight Stock in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Overnight Stock in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wal-Mart usually has the basic shopper needs, if it is in stock. It is not often that what I need is not in stock. The prices are usually the lowest on everyday needs. Wal-Mart is a habit, you trust that you will be getting the best price for what you need and keep you from hunting through adds and sales papers. Walmart's one stop to shop multiple needs makes it easier on the busy lifestyle customers have these days.

Cons

Customer service is just not there anymore. The employees never look happy. They look so stressed or focused on task that it feels like an inconvenience to stop them for help. When you do ask someone to help, they usually reply, " I don't know ". It is either they don't know the area or product in the store or they don't know who works in the area. Lines are too long to check out, and there are always just a handful of register operators. I will shop where I feel appreciated or see happy employees, the prices are comparable to just about anywhere now. It takes too long to shop and check out.

Make your employees happy and they will make your customers happy. Keep registers open and running swiftly or customers WILL go somewhere else to shop. It is bad when even the employees will clock out and leave the store, and shop somewhere else to avoid long lines.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart