There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

I love the store I work in the customers and the people im surrounded by.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hudson, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hudson, NY

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

my customers they always make the job that much more rewarding. If they aren't smiling neither am i.

Cons

the lack of respect and discipline of associates that are rude to others.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is happy. Just because the majority of associates look happy doesn't mean they all are. some hide their insecurities or how they are being treated in fear of getting in trouble.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. This is a compnay I truly want to work for when I retire from the army.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in McDonough, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in McDonough, GA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Locations are every where. Great opportunity for progression

Cons

Some employees complain about unfair treatment. But I do not know since I am not a current employee.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees even when they are complain. There is some times a message in their complaints.

Worked for Walmart for many years.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with Walmart because of it's core beliefs. Customer Service, Respect for the Individual and Striving for Excellence. Wal-Mart knows the importance of good associates and is consistent with their pay and benefits structure. People wanting to further their career have a lot of opportunities with this company and can plan the route to best take to achieve their goals.

Cons

Third shift positions are difficult for most for work life balance due to shift change. Most of the hourly positions should be full time positions also due to it is hard to hire people for this shift and to retain them. Pay to help with the cost of living has not gone up for a while and the expense of living has definitely gone up.

Advice to Management

Third shift 4 days on and 4 days off for management is good to help with work life balance. Some store managers need to get their managers out of the store in a timely manner rather than keeping them for a couple of extra hours after they work a 12 and a half hour shift. Third shift managers are also held more accountable than those on days. Days time managers need to have completion of tasks expectations also. Management working at length for the company that wants to take an hourly position at the end of their career should have a better pay than the structure of what the company currently offers for those positions. This should take into account total years with the company and what pay they would have if they had been hourly during that time for the duration.