There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

I stocked meat in the meat department.

Current Employee - Meat Associate in Orange Park, FL
Current Employee - Meat Associate in Orange Park, FL

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

There are none but it is a job with good hours.

Cons

Inflexible management when you have a problem. Low pay. Takes 1 to 2 years to get all your benefits.

Help people with disabilities more. Don't be so inflexible very few people actually want to work at your store they only do because they have to.

reviews filtered by
  1. Become a Manager if you don't have a personal life

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Walmart

Pros

The pay was great and I made a lot of friends over the 8 years working there.

Cons

The hours for management were crazy. Even if I asked for a specific day off (like my husbands birthday) I always ended up getting called in because there was going to be homeoffice people visiting the store. Poor communication from District to store management. They would have "leaks of information" that would make it down the ladder then neither confirm or deny.

RUN the other way. Other than the pay the job is sh*t. I had an exceeds expectations review every year but I never got promoted because I wasn't in the "Drinkin' Club". However, people that only met expectations were promoted because they went out with the decison makers and partied.

2. Great Place, If You Like To Be Driven Nuts!

Current Employee - Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

The people you work with are generally fun to be around. Except for management. Most of the customers are good too.

Cons

The higher up the chain of command you are, the less of a clue you have about what goes on in the stores on a day to day basis. The new Inventory Management System is a joke.

Dump the New inventory system and get to focussing on customers. QUIT TRYING TO BE LIKE TARGET. PLEASE!!!! And get some competent management.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart