There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

I stocked meat in the meat department.

Current Employee - Meat Associate in Orange Park, FL
Current Employee - Meat Associate in Orange Park, FL

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

There are none but it is a job with good hours.

Cons

Inflexible management when you have a problem. Low pay. Takes 1 to 2 years to get all your benefits.

Advice to Management

Help people with disabilities more. Don't be so inflexible very few people actually want to work at your store they only do because they have to.

reviews filtered by
  1. Become a Manager if you don't have a personal life

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Walmart

Pros

The pay was great and I made a lot of friends over the 8 years working there.

Cons

The hours for management were crazy. Even if I asked for a specific day off (like my husbands birthday) I always ended up getting called in because there was going to be homeoffice people visiting the store. Poor communication from District to store management. They would have "leaks of information" that would make it down the ladder then neither confirm or deny.

Advice to Management

RUN the other way. Other than the pay the job is sh*t. I had an exceeds expectations review every year but I never got promoted because I wasn't in the "Drinkin' Club". However, people that only met expectations were promoted because they went out with the decison makers and partied.

2. Good/Bad of Wal-Mart

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

You get to meet a lot of people and can establish lasting relationships.

Cons

Having to deal with how you get treated by co-workers. There can be a lot of backstabbing because everyone is fighting to get a higher position. How you get treated by customers because some have a bad view of most Wal-Mart workers as being 'lazy'. When you may not be like that.

Advice to Management

Be more considerate and take both sides of a story when trying to help a bad situation that may arise. Realize that its not easy being someone who makes $8/hr and knows more than you do about a lot in the store, but yet you get paid $20+/hr.