There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Great place To Work! (Distribution Center)

Current Employee - Fork Lift Driver in New Caney, TX
Current Employee - Fork Lift Driver in New Caney, TX

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

I only work three days a week which allows for a second job. The hourly pay is great, in addition to getting a quarterly bonus. There's a real team atmosphere, everybody gets along pretty much and is happy to be there.

Cons

There are not too many negatives to working here. The job does get pretty repetitive, but it's only for three days a week, so not a big deal.

Advice to Management

There is not really any advice i can give about the leadership at this wal-mart distribution center without being too specific about the area i work in.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. grocery stockperson

Current Employee - Stockperson in Halifax, MA
    Current Employee - Stockperson in Halifax, MA

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

best reason is the company discount

Cons

employees are not treated respectfully by management, there is low employee morale, lack of direction and guidance by management and supervisors, feel like a number

Advice to Management

listen to feedback and complaints from employees

2. Wal-Mart Eh

Current Employee - Sporting Goods in Independence, KS
    Current Employee - Sporting Goods in Independence, KS

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

I would have to say as a student/employee, the best thing is the flexibility in your schedule. They work with you very well when it comes to putting education first.

Cons

Pay is not great. For some it's not worth the amount of work you have to do. I've learned a lot about running a store and feel very under appreciated. Managers have no clue. period just no clue. I really think Sam Walton would have fired over half the managers if he was still alive due to major case of head in butt.

Advice to Management

Work with employees. Communication needs to be a lot better between the shifts. What day shift tries to get done is completely wrecked by what nights do. So everyone needs to be on the same page. New hires need much better training. We need a better program than just CBL's. Make people feel good about what they do. After all they are the foundation for the biggest Corporation in the WORLD!!!