Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Being a Wal Mart Cashier

Wal Mart Cashier (Former Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA

ProsPay is reasonable if you live nearby. Co-workers mostly very nice. Company policies seem fair. Almost all customer service managers work really hard to help you do your job. Management speaks to employees in respectful manner--even if topic is negative. Ample breaks provided.

ConsWhen you manage to maintain a pleasant professional attitude with customers but have to observe others employees be unpleasant without consequences. Irregular hours and difficulty arranging ahead of time for needed time off or switching hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementAbility to request 1/2 day off rather than whole day only would help with scheduling flexibility and be an acknowledgment of family life, which Wal Mart supposedly cares about. Overall, I felt and noticed a pervasive underlying atmosphere of fear at my workplace, expecially when there was a change in upper management pending.

Good Job

Zone Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

I have been working at Walmart

Pros: Great deal of responsibility in merchandising and for associates. Always… Cons: A lot of work keeping four departments stocked. Redirecting… Advice to Senior Management: Saying Thank you, goes a long way. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to start a career (beats fast food by a mile) but not a possibility for a long-term fit

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) Green Bay, WI

I worked at Walmart

Pros: Slightly above average pay for retail (maybe $1-2 more/hr vs… Cons: Most positions forced to be part-time, never enough income to live on (you need another job on top of 20-30 hrs/week at Wal-Mart), mediocre raises-… Advice to Senior Management: Give more seniority based raises- any employee that works for at least a year should immediately get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!