There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Made in America with Slave Labor

Former Employee - Area Manager  in  Marcy, NY
Former Employee - Area Manager in Marcy, NY

I worked at Walmart

Pros

This company bends over backward to prevent a union and truly promotes from within. They appreciate hard work and reward their full time employees for this behavior.

Cons

I was hired to be an area manager and was not informed that during the interview process that the company was a six day a week operation nor that they wanted me to work on second shift. Poor communications!

Establish realistic goals for your employees. It's sure hard to hit a moving target when your senior management changes so frequently.

8170 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Benefits

Current Employee - Service Technician  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

This company has very good job stablity

Cons

Taking away all of the good benefits

Give employees back their old benefits and make sure their satisfied

Not That Bad

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Walmart

Pros

-Easy to get hired
    -Competitive pay for retail
    -They are flexible with your hours
    -Ten percent discount
    -Lots of people work there, so your specific manager will have 15 or 20 other people to worry about, so if you are doing your job correctly, they won't on your butt about anything and you can just 'blend in'
    -Overall simple, easy job

Cons

-You have to do time off requests about 3 weeks in advance, and they do not like it if you try to switch schedules with anyone or try to get time off without the 3 week notice
    -Sometimes communication is missing within management - manager ''A'' will tell you ''Stay in the toy department to help customers and stock, don't leave no matter what!'' and then manager ''B'' will walk by and tell you ''We need you in the grocery side, for the next hour or so'' . Then manager ''A'' comes over and says ''Why did you leave?!?''
    -Customers tend to have a negative attitude towards Wal-Mart and take it out on you (which makes me wonder why they shop there!?!)

Communicate between each other and treat all associates fairly. I don't have many complaints from working there, management at my store was very nice, competent, and fair.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!