Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Wal-Mart is great for those able to adapt to constant change; if not, find a different industry to work in!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Exton, PA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Exton, PA

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Job security and career advancement are two of the top reasons although their are many others that aren't truly realized until you are a part of the Wal-Mart family. It's important to realize that Wal-Mart is really no different than any other retailer when it comes to stress and wages. Each Wal-Mart store is its own family and, as in life, some families are dysfunctional while others grow together; this is why it's also important not to point a finger at Wal-Mart as a company when a specific store is having problems. Overall, Wal-Mart is a great company to work for!

By the way, it's also worth noting that Wal-Mart associates receive quarterly cash bonuses of up to $450.

Cons

Stress and poor communication that leads to additional stress! It's honestly difficult to think of a true downside that is exclusive to being with Wal-Mart. I guess the only thing is the inability for many of the long term associates to adapt to changes currently underway at Wal-Mart. Again, though, this is not a problem exclusive to Wal-Mart, all retail chains must change to adapt to changing times in the industry. It's the companies like Circuit City that fail to implement change year after year that are destined to fail. I feel more secure working for a company that is always changing than for one that continues to do the same thing year after year!

I would say that the resistance to change throughout the company can not continue to be ignored. We need to change to stay competitive, but to do so successfully we need to understand how the changes will affect our long term associates and discover new ways to get these associates bought in to the changes. Continuing to push forward at the current rate is causing confusion and frustration for management and hourly associates. Consideration has to be given to those stores within each market that are currently experiencing problems with staffing or other operational breakdowns and action plans need to be in place to ensure those stores and roll out the new changes. If that means that one or two stores in a market will be behind with a specific roll out than so be it, but pushing ahead when the foundation of a store is not sound is proving to be disastrous!

9025 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

How Much Money Do Wal-Mart's CEO's Need to Make? Where is the money for the Associates?

Current Employee - Support Manager
    Current Employee - Support Manager

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

I was laid off my job that I went to school for. I could not find a job but Wal-Mart hired me. I've stayed due to that. Over the last few years it has gotten worse. Management has a job to do and its stressful and they pass that on down to the associates. Its horrible!!!

Cons

Management does not care about anything but money. I've been in three stores and this last store, the management team does nothing but walk around at night. When associates need help, they ignore the calls and/or you can't find them. Management expects the overnight associates to do more work with the freight that is humanly possible. No thanks, no nothing, in fact, they take away money from us and hours that we worked. If associates had 42 hours in a work week and the budget calls for only 40 hours, the management team can manipulate the system and take away those 2 hours even though associate worked it. It sucks. The associates do not get enough pay to begin with.

Not one of the management team has ever had to work the case count load the associates have now to complete each night. Nor the new program that Wal-Mart is implementing. Have some heart!!!!!!! Think about all that has to be done in one night and how the associates have no help and how you expect associates to finish unbelievable tasks. And when associates do finish the tasks, thank those associates individually not in a group thank you.

walmart work people too hard.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

hmmmm not sure...people are really hard workers there.

Cons

working too many hours and doing lots of things or assignments that need to be done by one person.

they should know their stuff....and that what they say or do does get communicated to others.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart