Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

the #1 worst place/ enviroment to work! EVER!!!!!

Former Employee - Little Bit of Everything
Former Employee - Little Bit of Everything

I worked at Walmart

Pros

honestly the only good reason that i stayed at walmart sooo long was if u kiss a lil a** u really get somewhere! really didnt work hard at all just got in good with the management

Cons

management is the worst ever everyone does there own thing no one communicates with each other as in management. you are thrown out there like raw meat to a pack of starving wolves! and they really dont teach/try to inprove you they just seem to try and find ways to fire people as i found when i got into management!!!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T goes along way!!! treat ones as you want to be treated and realize that the impossible will NEVER get done!!!! not even if corporate is coming! most of all WORK WITH YOUR EMPLOYEES NOT AGANIST THEM DONT TALK DOWN TO THEM!!!!

9965 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

not the greatest experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Walmart

Pros

- Always looking for employees
    - If taken in advance, select days off are usually given
    -10% employee discount

Cons

-Only 3 sick days every six months even if only part time and still in school unless a doctors note is provided
    -low pay for the retail industry (for a multi billion dollar company they could pay better)
    -benifts are not as great as they could be
    -not adequet enough hands on training training, they rely way to much on computer simulation.
    -I was working 40 to 45 hours a week but was still only considered part time so i never got any over time pay

pay your associates a little bit better. And show us some respect. also if an employee works overnight even one night they should get the $2.00 extra an hour like the rest of the overnights and not have to work overnight for 3 weeks before getting it.

Great Place to work

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Wal-Mart is a great place to work and will provide you with opportunities for advancement if you are a hard-working and competent employee. The opportunities are there for those willing to reach for them.

Cons

One con I can think of for working at Wal-Mart is the negative connotation and pre-judment that outsiders have of you because you work for this company. However, those same people will shop at other retailers who also sell foreign goods for cheap prices. To you critics out there, I say, Wal-Mart is a company in which you can start at the bottom and work your way to the top, how is that for the American Dream?

Get rid of the workers with the negative attitudes and that are lazy. So many Wal-Marts I have been in, I can not get customer service because the associate is off talking to a friend or not in his department because he is "zoning" off with a friend. I feel that a lot of employees use zone time to socialize and not a lot is accomplished. Maybe a better objective would be to have them filling outs/stocking shelves; and at the same time, pulling merchandise forward.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart