Walmart

Spread out

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

-Getting to work with new technologies that entered the market was interesting

Cons

-having to work parts of the store I had no or desired no knowledge of. i.e.: paint counter when I'm centrally a electronics sales associate

management was good to me.

9064 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Walmart is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

walmart is a great place to work there a lot of opportunuies to grow with in the company if you take tem

Cons

i would have to say one of the down falls with walmart is the pay the pay wasnt as good as i thought it would be but it is a great company that you can grow with

i dont really have any advice to manangement the only thing that i would say is that they should watch what is going on in the store more often

Awesome

Former Employee - Cashier Associate in Lisbon, CT
    Former Employee - Cashier Associate in Lisbon, CT

I worked at Walmart

Pros

I loved the environment that I worked in. The associates are friendly, and the supervisors are supportive. I had a warm welcome and I felt apart of the team in no time. No one rushed me and I was able to learn the ropes at my own pace. During rush hours the entire team came together and supported each other to ensure that our customers left quickly and happy. I also greatly appreciated the feed back I received from my supervisor.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment and maybe that's not for everybody. You also have to be willing and able to handle any and all typed of customers. They have the tendency to ask for ridiculous things and sometimes have attitudes so be willing to keep calm and deal. They're not worth your job.
    You also have to be prepared to be on you're feet for a while and you might have some heavy lifting to do. Know your limits and you won't end up with sore muscles.

Be supported of your employees, it's really tough working with a range of customers. And you never know who will do what. Be understanding of breaks, standing up for so long can do some serious damage; even with the legal required 15 minute breaks. And lastly but most importantly be accepting of diversity and culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart