There are newer employer reviews for Walmart eCommerce

Great career growth, bright and creative personnel and opportunities to make a difference every day.

Current Employee - Director of Planning  in  San Bruno, CA
Current Employee - Director of Planning in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This company really allows you to stretch your creative problem abilities. If you can think on your feet, enjoy working with diverse teams, and enjoy making significant impact to the business, this is a great place to work. Structure does exist but the online channel of this company is growing quickly and the business needs are also changing just as fast.

The people are great, kind and compassionate. Walmart.com really embraces their core beliefs, especially "respect for the individual". People are competitive in meeting and exceeding KPIs, but not with each other. They also are great about celebrating the successes of the individual as well as the team. There are many opportunities to grow in role and take on new opportunities in the company. The company makes significant investments in training for both work related and personal growth as well.

Amenities are decent. Who doesn't appreciate a free soda, coffee or free daily snack offering? Also free access to the gym and specialty gym classes.

Cons

The tools to support the analysis and judgement have long been lacking. My associates have great breadth and scope of responsibility but are clamoring for tools that make them much more efficient. The good news is the company is dedicated to investing in personnel to create tools necessary to support the business.

When engaging with Bentonville things move much slower and involve more red-tape. It is becoming really important to have great relationships in Bentonville but challenging as our scope is so broad and their scope is much more narrow. Creates a many to one relationship which can sometimes slow down the speed of doing business. We have a lot of autonomy to run the business as we need but the opportunity to create better partnerships there does exist.

As we bring on new talent, it is important not to lose part of the culture that has been in existence since the start of dot com. We can achieve great things while still being "nice" and respecting one another. Newer employees sometimes take a little longer to adopt to the "Respect the individual" but it helps if we are all keeping each other in check.

189 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart eCommerce (View Most Recent)

Great company - great people focused on big initiatives

Current Employee - Director Operations
    Current Employee - Director Operations

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The teams are dedicated and there is a real urgency to grow and win big. There is now a tremendous support from the home office to build the next generation systems and global infrastructure. Great place for people who want to have a big impact, learn about scale and love retail.

Cons

You have to balance the need for fast changes and system development with the overall needs for Wal-Mart - can't always go as fast as you'd like. Requires a lot of stakeholder management

Continue to drive the multi-channel strategy and provide vision to Wal-Mart stores

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner  in  San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Fantastic people, very friendly environment
    - company is growing fast; makes it exciting and it creates opportunities for career growth
    - very stable company backing up a relative start up
    - great work life balance

Cons

- nead to be entrepreneurial and scrappy at times...not a fit for everyone

Stay the course with the strategy in place

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart eCommerce

Worked for Walmart eCommerce? Contribute to the Community!