Walmart eCommerce

www.walmart.com

Great career growth, bright and creative personnel and opportunities to make a difference every day.

Director of Planning (Current Employee) San Bruno, CA

ProsThis company really allows you to stretch your creative problem abilities. If you can think on your feet, enjoy working with diverse teams, and enjoy making significant impact to the business, this is a great place to work. Structure does exist but the online channel of this company is growing quickly and the business needs are also changing just as fast.

The people are great, kind and compassionate. Walmart.com really embraces their core beliefs, especially "respect for the individual". People are competitive in meeting and exceeding KPIs, but not with each other. They also are great about celebrating the successes of the individual as well as the team. There are many opportunities to grow in role and take on new opportunities in the company. The company makes significant investments in training for both work related and personal growth as well.

Amenities are decent. Who doesn't appreciate a free soda, coffee or free daily snack offering? Also free access to the gym and specialty gym classes.

ConsThe tools to support the analysis and judgement have long been lacking. My associates have great breadth and scope of responsibility but are clamoring for tools that make them much more efficient. The good news is the company is dedicated to investing in personnel to create tools necessary to support the business.

When engaging with Bentonville things move much slower and involve more red-tape. It is becoming really important to have great relationships in Bentonville but challenging as our scope is so broad and their scope is much more narrow. Creates a many to one relationship which can sometimes slow down the speed of doing business. We have a lot of autonomy to run the business as we need but the opportunity to create better partnerships there does exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we bring on new talent, it is important not to lose part of the culture that has been in existence since the start of dot com. We can achieve great things while still being "nice" and respecting one another. Newer employees sometimes take a little longer to adopt to the "Respect the individual" but it helps if we are all keeping each other in check.

Great company - great people focused on big initiatives

Director Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The teams are dedicated and there is a real urgency to grow and win big. There is now a tremendous support from the home… Cons: You have to balance the need for fast changes and system development with the overall needs for… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to drive the multi-channel strategy and provide vision to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great opportunity for career development

Data Scientist (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time for less than a year

Pros: Smart and talented people to work with, exciting and interesting projects to… Cons: New employees do not get team-level orientation after joining the team. They… Advice to Senior Management: Provide team-level orientation to new employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Walmart eCommerce.

Worked for Walmart eCommerce? Contribute to the Community!