There are newer employer reviews for Walmart eCommerce

Right hand does not know what left hand is doing - and worst overall benefits in tech industry

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Bruno, CA
Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Your co-workers are excellent engineers - Ample of opportunities to learn new things (@ only in selective teams) - Your work impacts millions of people everyday.

Cons

- Worst medical plan I have seen in 15 years of my carrer - my neighborhood grocery store has a better medical plan for its employees. - Medical plan is expensive too and benefits are way poorer (I bought mine directly with Kaiser than going through Walmart last week as I did not receive my plan medical cards after waiting for three months- Also buying direct has better coverage and almost the same price) - Pharmacy plan is useless (you can just go to Walmart pharmacy as that will be cheaper) - ESPP plan is a joke - Employee discount center is another joke (Costco has better prices for movie tickets/theme parks then employee discount center) - practically I have never heard any one bought or used walmarts employee discount center for anything as it is ridiculous - Registered holidays (only 6) and PTO including sick (only 20) are way below software company standards. - You will have to pay for lot of things out of your own pocket - Like if you loose your badge, you have to pay $25 to get a new one. Never heard of this one before till orientation in Walmart.com - Business Travelling expenses - they nickel and dime you for small stuff and for pretty much everything. - For internal information and intranet, their are 3-4 different websites. The internal information system is so messed up that I have practically stopped using it. - Enrolling to benefits and getting your medical cards is just a nightmare. Three months already and I have not received my medical plan cards yet. - Upper management has no idea what they are doing - They start a project with so much energy and before you know they shut it down as 6 months down the line they come to know that some other team in the company is doing the same thing. - KEEP IN MIND - $150K salary here = $120K in any other tech company(due to benefits and other programs) so do not get fooled for high salary offer.

Advice to Management

- Please improve internal communication. You have no idea what your teams/staff is doing. Same work is done by not only two teams but multiple teams. - You can not treat engineers who make more than $100K and are highly educated the same way as you treat your retail employees who make 30K. If you want to treat everyone same, you better treat every one better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong culture. Lot of extra curricular activities :) Supportive environment. Lot of knowledge in-house. Industry leader. Will look excellent on resume. eCommerce treated different from Stores as a company. Smart leadership willing to make changes.

Cons

Not many that I can think of. I believe some legacy policies/work processes taken from store need update/changes - while the dotocm business needs to utilize legacy knowledge, it also needs to evolve from it.

2. Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Walmart eCommerce full-time

Pros

good work and overall new technologies.

Cons

not a good place to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

try to build soft skills.