great work, awful people

Former Employee - Manager  in  San Bruno, CA
Former Employee - Manager in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Walmart eCommerce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

fantastic work, excellent problems, great customers, provides a valuable service, great home office company culture

Cons

people in san bruno office are awful, political shills

fire yourselves

Other Reviews for Walmart eCommerce

A re-org every 8 to 12 months

I worked at Walmart eCommerce

Pros

Walmart has great benefits and a super solid HR department. Best I've ever worked with. They're really big on work life balance and they have a few policies, like their open door policies that seem to have the best intentions. Great parking.

Cons

The politics at Walmart are out of control and each department is run like a little fiefdom. Take upper managment at their word at your own peril as they seem to be in it for themselves and not their teams. Working there is like a prison movie - you're never sure who's gonna shank you when your back is turned.

Endless re-orgs are terrible for morale.

Disappointing

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I learned a lot and gained great benefit from all the classes that were made available either through Walmart themselves or from third party companies that Walmart approved of. Some of the lucky Associates were and probably still are thriving due to the high goal setting of "Walmart ways". I got pushed and challenged and then supported to succeed. That part was great and I miss it dearly.

Cons

Sam Walton had his vision in tacked and wanted the best for everybody...associates and customers. Unfortunately things have drastically changed and upper management are composed of mostly liars. They will smile in your face and stab your back as soon as possible if you don't like their balls sufficiently. Make no mistake, you don't "play the game", you will be rid of in one way or another. HR is a huge component of that. Talk about being set up. Oh how I could go on but I don't wish to chance bad karma.

None. The good ones left or were asked to leave. Advice is useless and a waste of anyone's time.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart eCommerce.

Worked for Walmart eCommerce? Contribute to the Community!