Great brand! Great Perks! Tight, tight, network.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First off, it's Disney. If you don't already love the Walt Disney brand, then this isn't the place for you. There's something to be said about seeing Disney artwork, memorabilia, logos, etc., everyday you walk into the office. I originally would tell people I worked in an office that was a rotating art gallery as they featured new artwork every quarter. Additionally, the company wants its employees to enjoy the brand, so there are additional perks you receive when you're an employee which includes free admission to the park for yourself and 3 friends, discounts, etc. I have never purchased so many Disney products in my entire lifetime except when I worked for the company.

Cons

Your network is worth all of the money in the bank, and maneuvering through the political pools is an artform in itself. Disney prides itself on not only having a diverse workforce, but also having a workforce diverse in thought. This is great; however learning everyone's personal/political agenda made it really easy to step on hidden mines.

Consider providing a "network web" that helps employees understand how individuals are connected to one another. It could be facilitated through programs like Yammer, or Jive. Your creative artists can then create the "Disney Universe" (a spin off of the Marvel Universe) to help associates really understand relations within the company.