As magical as it can possibly be working slave labor.

Former Employee - Friendship Boat Captain  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Friendship Boat Captain in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Awesome experience, great for a resume, free Disney parks every single day, plus countless discounts

Cons

Horrible hours, low pay, and your face starts to hurt forcing happiness 24/7

There isn't much advice I would give, considering I wasn't a full time employee, but a college intern. Disney instills it's employees with awesome work-place skills to help in any job environment. They treat their employees pretty well considering you're just a face in a crowd to them, but it's actually a great company to work for!

Other Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Has its moments being full filling

Former Employee - Production Tech  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Production Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For regular staff employee it is good. After one year service, may transfer providing there are openings. Extended education is offered. Being part of public recognition is good as well as invites to some company activities.

Cons

Even though there is a company policy manual, it is not supplied and/or told where to find it. It is just stated that it exist. If I knew about such policy prior, I should call HR a lot sooner on some problem in our department. At least my remaining fellows now have their own copy.

Top tier management truly care for their employees but that only goes down some many levels. You individual person in charge operates to his/her own dictates withing wide range of company policy.

Not what I expected

Former Employee - DLP Reservations  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - DLP Reservations in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Perks perks perks! Free Admission, discount stays, discount meals, special free tickets to events. The list goes on and on and on.

Cons

No work / life balance (one of their so-called core values), Favoritism, Typical office politics, Honesty is not smiled upon (another one of their so-called core values).

Remember your so-called corp values. Openness, Honesty, Trust, Balance... Remember your cast members have families - your perks are great but if we never have time to see our families how can we use them?

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!