Walt Disney Company

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

Dishonest as can be

Current Employee - Applications Sustainment in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Applications Sustainment in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Fun place to work if you can get around the lies

Cons

Management is dishonest, contractors are treated like crap, and the place is inhuman.

Start being honest and working with your employees, not against them.

818 Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company (View Most Recent)

Better than expected

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Disney over 10 years and in general it has exceeded my expectations. The benefits are decent but have been reduced or have more employee cost in recent years. I have worked in different divisions in different roles which has given me a great appreciation for the company over the years. There are definitely many opportunities to experience the Disney brand which makes the job uniquely Disney.

Cons

Disney may be "the happiest place on earth" to the public but within the company, it is mostly like any other company. It is a job but you can make a lifelong career with Disney. The compensation is decent but compared to other companies, it tends to be less.

Focus as much energy on retaining your talent as you do on acquiring new talent.

Great brand! Great Perks! Tight, tight, network.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First off, it's Disney. If you don't already love the Walt Disney brand, then this isn't the place for you. There's something to be said about seeing Disney artwork, memorabilia, logos, etc., everyday you walk into the office. I originally would tell people I worked in an office that was a rotating art gallery as they featured new artwork every quarter. Additionally, the company wants its employees to enjoy the brand, so there are additional perks you receive when you're an employee which includes free admission to the park for yourself and 3 friends, discounts, etc. I have never purchased so many Disney products in my entire lifetime except when I worked for the company.

Cons

Your network is worth all of the money in the bank, and maneuvering through the political pools is an artform in itself. Disney prides itself on not only having a diverse workforce, but also having a workforce diverse in thought. This is great; however learning everyone's personal/political agenda made it really easy to step on hidden mines.

Consider providing a "network web" that helps employees understand how individuals are connected to one another. It could be facilitated through programs like Yammer, or Jive. Your creative artists can then create the "Disney Universe" (a spin off of the Marvel Universe) to help associates really understand relations within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company