There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

Creative people, good training, excellent benefits, great discounts

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good training opportunities
Overall, great, creative people to work with (everyone seems to have a strong talent expressed outside the office - many with entertainment avocations)
Excellent benefits
Disney VoluntEars offers many ways to donate your time and talents
Excellent discounts on parks admission, hotels, and merchandise

Cons

West Coast locations have more telecommuting opportunities than East Coast locations.
Some business units are a bit "silo-ed" amd would operate better with other units if there were more chances to encourage cross-departmental interaction.

To encourage sales teams to work together instead of against each other when pitching the same client, make sure each sales team is gets a bonus whether their individual unit gets a schedule or not.

740 Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company (View Most Recent)

Great company, for growth - both personal and professional!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Well respected and well-reknowned company with plethora of resources. You can stay a professional lifetime and expand your horizons across multiple "industries".

Even though it's a massive company, I never felt like a "number". I truly felt like the company made me a better person - and I had a voice.

Cons

It is a massive company. So, if you want immediate reaction or results - you may get easily frustrated. Change takes time, communication takes time, results take time. But only because it is a well-oiled (large) machine and processes are respected. It is bureaucratic, more similar to a governmental agency - but most Fortune 50 companies I'm assuming operate in a similar function. That's why they are successful. Success takes planning and patience. However, it can be frustrating.

Yikes, Disney Studio marketing

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Met some friendly and talent people both on business and creative sides

Cons

Had some unpleasant experiences with a few Disney employees. Rude, self-centered, manipulative and extremely unhelpful. Because of these negative experiences, I would never work for this company again.
    There were also too many Directors and VPs and not enough Manager and Coordinators to do all of the work.

Evaluate the upper management employees who have been with company awhile, especially on teams with HIGH TURNOVER. There is a reason that employees do not want to work with them and transition to other departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!