Walt Disney Company

www.disney.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

Creative people, good training, excellent benefits, great discounts

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good training opportunities
Overall, great, creative people to work with (everyone seems to have a strong talent expressed outside the office - many with entertainment avocations)
Excellent benefits
Disney VoluntEars offers many ways to donate your time and talents
Excellent discounts on parks admission, hotels, and merchandise

Cons

West Coast locations have more telecommuting opportunities than East Coast locations.
Some business units are a bit "silo-ed" amd would operate better with other units if there were more chances to encourage cross-departmental interaction.

To encourage sales teams to work together instead of against each other when pitching the same client, make sure each sales team is gets a bonus whether their individual unit gets a schedule or not.

910 Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company (View Most Recent)

I am a low-cost, undervalued resource for the walt disney company

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time

Pros

silver pass...that's pretty much it

Cons

The intern that I trained just got hired full time and now makes the same salary that I do. I have 5 years of experience- this is what I get for being a loyal and patient employee. As of today, I will spend all of my time at work looking for other jobs, interviewing for other jobs, printing my resume using the office printer, and eating the free snacks. I could care less if this place burns down to the ground.

Stay oblivious, I like you better this way.

Great company, for growth - both personal and professional!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Well respected and well-reknowned company with plethora of resources. You can stay a professional lifetime and expand your horizons across multiple "industries".

Even though it's a massive company, I never felt like a "number". I truly felt like the company made me a better person - and I had a voice.

Cons

It is a massive company. So, if you want immediate reaction or results - you may get easily frustrated. Change takes time, communication takes time, results take time. But only because it is a well-oiled (large) machine and processes are respected. It is bureaucratic, more similar to a governmental agency - but most Fortune 50 companies I'm assuming operate in a similar function. That's why they are successful. Success takes planning and patience. However, it can be frustrating.

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company