Walt Disney Company

www.disney.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

Work hard, play hard

I have been working at Walt Disney Company

Pros

At Disney, you're sure to have employees and co-workers that are the cream of the crop, a very creative work environment, and great perks.

Cons

The Walt Disney Company culture varies among the different lines of businesses. Not very consistent, but overall still a great company to work for.

816 Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company (View Most Recent)

Very positive experience for me.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The time I was there was really great for me. The leadership at the time was very good. I enjoyed the work, which was challenging, and I liked most people with whom I was in contact.

Cons

I'm sure there is a difference in career opportunity, culture, etc. between the different divisions of the company, I was at DCP. There's a hierarchy like any big company, so often things operate inefficiently, can be a long wait to advance your career, political atmosphere. The current morale has suffered due to organizational changes.

I was not in management, so I do not have advice to give to management. Their job is to lead so I think they should do so with conviction and confidence. Obviously, some executives are better than others and I believe over time, generally, the weaker execs get weeded out.

Stay away from Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Online

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time

Pros

Good pay, great benefits and perks (free theme parks access, backstage tours, etc.), talented employees

Cons

The leadership at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Online (WDPRO) is the worst I've ever experienced. They are unorganized, egotistical, hypocritical, and out of touch. They've created a a toxic environment where everything is urgent and critical and subject to change at their whim. They have no concept of work-life balance. They firmly believe that everything will work out if they can just whip all of us moronic employees into delivering their grand visions.

Quit. You are running this organization into the ground and you are not qualified for your positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company