Work hard, play hard

I have been working at Walt Disney Company

Pros

At Disney, you're sure to have employees and co-workers that are the cream of the crop, a very creative work environment, and great perks.

Cons

The Walt Disney Company culture varies among the different lines of businesses. Not very consistent, but overall still a great company to work for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very positive experience for me.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The time I was there was really great for me. The leadership at the time was very good. I enjoyed the work, which was challenging, and I liked most people with whom I was in contact.

Cons

I'm sure there is a difference in career opportunity, culture, etc. between the different divisions of the company, I was at DCP. There's a hierarchy like any big company, so often things operate inefficiently, can be a long wait to advance your career, political atmosphere. The current morale has suffered due to organizational changes.

Advice to Management

I was not in management, so I do not have advice to give to management. Their job is to lead so I think they should do so with conviction and confidence. Obviously, some executives are better than others and I believe over time, generally, the weaker execs get weeded out.

2. Would love to work here again!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was the one place that I got to put almost all of my skills to work from guest servicing to creativity to acting.

Cons

There was a lot of pressure on making hourly goals. Even though I made my goals, my Manager was not and so I as well as the other Assistant Store Manager had to try to make up his parts of the day. When the DM hinted that we need to restructure management, my Store Manager told me "What would it look like if we had to demote you?" It wasn't based on my performance but the performance of the store and I was the lowest woman on the totem pole in regards to years being at Disney. So I found another job and left. No hard feelings although had I been the Store Manager and it was my fault then I would have "man uped".

Advice to Management

The advice I would give to Management is some of which they are doing: They are getting off the pressured sales and hourly sales updates. However they need to remember the reason for the store was to bring Disney into people's homes, for those who couldn't afford a Disney Vacation the store was their parks, and to bring Magic back into the lives of those who had forgotten.