Gave me a foundation for how to treat people at the highest level

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always busy with highest standards

Cons

Amount of hours worked and no holidays with your family

Other Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Challenging and fast-paced, yet supportive and welcoming

Current Employee - Graduate Associate  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Graduate Associate in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern, you are treated with the utmost respect and given meaningful tasks to complete. I was invited to every meeting no matter how big or small, was invited to present my deliverables in front of executives. Disney also has a great internship program to help with networking and other fun events (lunches, free movie screenings, end of the year events, speakers). It is also a paid internship, which is amazing!

Cons

Ideas can be thrown around in circles without going anywhere. There is a high learning curve that can be sink or swim for interns. I have heard of other interns who were told of a 6 month contract, but were cut at 3 months. Management can be so busy with other work that it is hard to receive feedback and help when needed. It can be overwhelming and demanding, which can impact schoolwork.

High Standards & Rules VS Low Salary

Former Employee - Bar Server  in  Celebration, FL
    Former Employee - Bar Server in Celebration, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have the chance to travel on board the cruise and will have time to visit, you meet people from all over the world.

Cons

Salary was too low comparing to my expectations, not all departments have a high salary (Beverage department is difficult if you consider the amount of kids on board). High number of rules and freedom gap on board. Discrepance in types of people depending of role on board.

Do your job, avoid getting in trouble and then you will learn how to have a little bit more freedom without breaking rules.

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!