There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

Great World Class Company

Former Employee - Director, Accounting and Finance in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Director, Accounting and Finance in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company knows how to leverage its assets, add value to the community, economy customer base and employees. Everybody wins at Disney!

Cons

Like most companies these days, there are business areas the take advantage of their salaried employees, making then work 60-80 hour weeks without paying them overtime.

Stop being so greedy.

reviews filtered by

Recruitment Marketing Graphic Designer

Former Intern - Recruitment Marketing Graphic Designer in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - Recruitment Marketing Graphic Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The perks are awesome if you a fan of Disney - free admission to the parks, 40% off on all merchandise, discounts on restaurants in Disney and some that are in the vicinity too! (same goes for random stores, just ask... once I got a 20% discount on shoes!)

Cons

You don't get paid that much, if you're working for Disney, you're working there because you simply love the company and want to be "part of the magic"

Uphold the Disney brand by being the 'nice, sweet, friendly' person people think you should be. Not everyone walks in that way...

Very satisfied with my 3 month tenure as a "summer associate"

Former Intern - Summer Associate in Burbank, CA
    Former Intern - Summer Associate in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

My mentor was very good at balancing always giving me a project to be working on completing and an informal assignment (trying out a task reserved for my bosses) to let me apply the skills/information I'd internalized in meetings & observation of my superiors. I was thrown in the deep-end and expected to swim within days of the commencement of my time there. I was given tasks I'd be expected to complete effectively and efficiently or risk becoming the rubberneck in our small departments information pipeline. Direct access to company heads a plus. and pay that ranked top 5 my year of companies (outside of finance).
    Also, just because you8 got an intern position in one department, the intern program run by lovely Gina has all types of learning experiences planned. You leave knowing a great deal about each and every vital function the difference divisitons play to run thisd well oiled mickey mouse box office machine for

Cons

Occasionally, as an intern---sorry, Summer Associate...you do have to complete menial tasks that borderline help the team.

Possibly for a day have mentor switch with a association in a similar or unfamiliar job duty.

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company