Dream Job as Jungle Cruise Skipper

Former Employee - Jungle Cruise Skipper, Magic Kingdom Operations,  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
Former Employee - Jungle Cruise Skipper, Magic Kingdom Operations, in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern for more than a year

Pros

I loved working on the Jungle Cruise in Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World. My team was great. Most people I met really believed in Walt's dream and wanted to cultivate a feeling of enthusiasm and magic. It is fast paced and very safety oriented. I liked meeting so many friendly people everyday. I liked making magic. I liked free entrance in the parks.

Cons

It's a low pay for the toll it can take on your emotional health at the end of a bad day (heat, crazy guests, et c). However, I thought it was very much worth the effort.

I wished that upper management had tried to make a lasting connection between College Program kids, part-timers, and full-timers. There was definitely a division.

Other Reviews for Walt Disney Company

An experience worth having.

Former Employee - User Experiance Designer  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - User Experiance Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. It's hard work but all the people I met were very nice. I had a wonderful team.

Cons

Though the people there were wonderful no matter how much they may like you if there isn't a position open seasonal work can't turn to full time. It's hard to get a job there. A lot of the people will tell you to work your way up to another position.

Overall good company and benefits; many different positions and ability to move up.

Current Employee - Custodial  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Custodial in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many different roles and skills to be gained. Also decent benefits including relatively good healthcare.

Cons

With such a large company it is easy to feel non-important and can easily make you go unseen.

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!