There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

Happy but bored.

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Great benefits, good work hours.

Cons

Little room to grow, only if someone leaves may a possibility of promotion occur... It's like the fire department know one leaves. That may be good for some, but I am feeling un challenged.

Challenge your employees by giving more difficult projects, this will give you a measure of what people can do and better place them. If you give the same level of work, boredom will in sue and they will look elsewhere.

727 Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company (View Most Recent)

Great brand, huge complex company

Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company

Pros

It is a great brand, instantly recognizable and a good reputation overall. It is enjoyable to work for a company whose products most people enjoy. In my area at least, I feel there is very good respect of work-life balance. I find the benefits good, and perks like free theme parks tickets are really nice. I have found almost everyone I have encountered across the company to be smart and reasonable. There are opportunities to get training in many subjects.

Cons

Everyone and their brother asks if you can get them free theme park tickets. There are major differences between the different segments of the company, and they often move in all different directions; communication is lacking and sometimes the left hand does not know what the right is up to. Getting things done often involve bad, nonexistent or hard-to-find processes and things take forever. Many business areas are very bad about promoting from within and providing paths for career advancement.

Better documentation and sharing is needed universally. Moving as much as possible to online, paperless systems would be a welcome investment and get a lot out of the dark ages. Communication from management/executives needs work. To retain talent, provide opportunities to advance.

Great environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Worked here for about 1 year and meet some great people and also got some great experience. Recommended for those looking for industy experience

Cons

Occasionally you will find yourself with long hours, but this comes with any job that you do. Just one of the downsides of having a job

Would like to see more team building events and community engagement. Always looking to humanize the brand is great for us!

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!