Walt Disney Company

Excellent

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Kissimmee, FL
Former Employee - Network Administrator in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Park entrance free and good benefits.

Cons

Long hours, the uncertainity of the position, changes, etc

800 Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company (View Most Recent)

Destructive to ego, work ethic and motivation to advance in life.

Current Employee - Team Lead - GRE (Stockroom) in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead - GRE (Stockroom) in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Great discount. Plenty of time-off.

Cons

Grossly inexperienced management. I was hired as a supervisor to the stockroom, I was told that I would be given both the opportunity to advance and solve problems in a competitive retail environment. Instead, I was given rigid imperatives without insight, ambiguous tasks without proper directive. I was expected to follow through on tasks projected to take 10 man-hours within 2 etc.. With almost no room to actually resolve a situation, the impatient managers refused to accommodate issues brought to them by me. Their lack of insight and vapid mindedness, lead to an overall decline of store efficiency.

The pay was horrible for the expectations, the risk and the poor opportunity for advancement. Do not work here unless you are hired as part of the management team. As a supervisor, I was treated sub-human. My workers were excellent, they were underpaid and treated unfairly as well. The level of stress is not worth the pay deficiency.

I cannot stress the word "inexperienced" enough. Despite the utter lack of retail experience, the store manager was seriously deprived of leadership and managerial skills. The assistant manager would often stir drama pertaining to the manager to his staff, especially myself and associates.

Learn to think outside the box. Use your imagination when it comes to problems and don't make frivolous attempts to advertise superiority. Instead, think of effective ways to maximize your staff's hours to the store's advantage. Wasting time is the number one preventable cause of occupational inefficiency.

Amazing

Current Employee - Manager, Corporate Communications in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Corporate Communications in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company

Pros

There is an endless amount of opportunity within The Walt Disney Company and all of it's lines of business. From Media Networks and the Studios to Parks and Resorts and Consumer Products, there are so many great people and great career paths to explore and pursue.

Cons

Working at a company as large and complex as Disney can be a little bit intimidating at times, but I think learning how all the parts of the company work together and impact each other is an amazing experience and completely invaluable.

The leadership at Disney do a wonderful job at providing their employees opportunities for growth and expansion within their current role, as well as around the company. This should continue to be emphasized to employees at every level.

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company