Walt Disney Home Entertainment

disneydvd.disney.go.com
  disneydvd.disney.go.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Home Entertainment

The Walt Disney Studios is and innovative and creative place to grow a career in the Entertainment Industry

Current Employee - Technology Executive in Burbank, CA
Current Employee - Technology Executive in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

It is a positive work environment that fosters creativity, innovative use of technologies, and has a strong leadership team. It also creates very positive family oriented entertainment products.

Cons

This isn't really a downside... simply a comment... The Walt Disney Studios, and most of the businesses across Disney expect a lot from their staff members... the hours are long, expectations for performance are high, and the tolarance for mediocracy is low.

Keep-up the good work... within the industry I think Disney's leadership has position the company to be at the "top of their game."

28 Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Home Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume.

Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

The employee benefits and because it looks good on your resume. If you are a parent, this job is very flexible when it comes to balancing work and family life plus you can take your kids to Disneyland free all you want. If you are an average performer just looking for a regular paycheck and not too much hassle, this is a good place to be.

Cons

Being a hard and dependable worker is not good if you want to move up in the company. Anyone who actually does decent work end up being stuck in their same job because the bosses have grown use to that person making up for the weaknesses of the other staff. Sure it can get you a good bit of a raise compared to your co-workers, but it also means it's more difficult to move up. I worked for Disney for five years and every time I asked for a promotion, I just got the run around while my peers were promoted around me. I moved to another studio in the same job and suddenly found myself being promoted right away three months after I was hired.

If you have a star performer then reward them accordingly. Your actions speak louder than words. If you tell someone they are valued but don't give them the opportunity for career advancement then you risk losing them to a competitor who will.

Great for vacations and movies but sucks to work for.

Current Employee - IT Analyst. in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst. in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

Good location and free entry to the theme parks. No free movies though.

Cons

I've worked with various fortune 100 multinational companies. Working for Disney is the saddest place to work for. It may be the happiest place to go on vacation but working? I don't think so. Lowest pay as compared to similar companies and career advancement wise, zilch, zero, nada!

Pay attention so employee satisfaction. The company employees w/o importance. I've been with the company for almost 10 years and we had layoffs every other year!?! Who needs that!

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Home Entertainment