Walt Disney Home Entertainment

disneydvd.disney.go.com

Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume.

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA

Pros

The employee benefits and because it looks good on your resume. If you are a parent, this job is very flexible when it comes to balancing work and family life plus you can take your kids to Disneyland free all you want. If you are an average performer just looking for a regular paycheck and not too much hassle, this is a good place to be.

Cons

Being a hard and dependable worker is not good if you want to move up in the company. Anyone who actually does decent work end up being stuck in their same job because the bosses have grown use to that person making up for the weaknesses of the other staff. Sure it can get you a good bit of a raise compared to your co-workers, but it also means it's more difficult to move up. I worked for Disney for five years and every time I asked for a promotion, I just got the run around while my peers were promoted around me. I moved to another studio in the same job and suddenly found myself being promoted right away three months after I was hired.

If you have a star performer then reward them accordingly. Your actions speak louder than words. If you tell someone they are valued but don't give them the opportunity for career advancement then you risk losing them to a competitor who will.

Other reviews for Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Great for vacations and movies but sucks to work for.

Current Employee - IT Analyst.  in  Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst. in Burbank, CA

Pros

Good location and free entry to the theme parks. No free movies though.

Cons

I've worked with various fortune 100 multinational companies. Working for Disney is the saddest place to work for. It may be the happiest place to go on vacation but working? I don't think so. Lowest pay as compared to similar companies and career advancement wise, zilch, zero, nada!

Pay attention so employee satisfaction. The company employees w/o importance. I've been with the company for almost 10 years and we had layoffs every other year!?! Who needs that!

Awesome

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great people, good training, proven leadership that works

Cons

There are no cons for this amazing company

There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Home Entertainment.

Worked for Walt Disney Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!