Walter Industries
www.walterenergy.com Birmingham, AL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great opportunity when their is a hybrid of standards enforced and flexibility allowing you to prove yourself.

Business Intelligence Analytical Developer (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

ProsFreedom to appply many different creative solutions. The culture their is the type of atmosphere that is very helpful with my profession. I am also allowed to approach most projects with a level of say so.

ConsLack of understanding from within about the different roles neccesary to accomplish certain task. Also having to act as an administrater 30 - 40 percent of the time slows my engagements down.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a CIO who has somewhat been in the trenches. Allow the department too carefully choose employees with different specialized skills to create more effective teams. Seperate development and administration for the power users who are constantly engaged in projects and enforce end users who are primarily the customer of solutions, to become more involved in all stages of projects, and not just when something is working properly.

Not good!!!

I have been working at Walter Industries full-time

Pros: Decent money for area. Experience in coal. Cons: Current management, unprofessional, lack of respect Advice to Senior Management: People are not cattle No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor employee relations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Walter Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros: Salaries can be good, depending on position. Cons: Poor employee relations and communications. Don't care about people. Advice to Senior Management: Employees are your biggest asset, learn to treat them well. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Walter Industries.

Worked for Walter Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walter Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walter Industries CEO Walter J. (Walt) Scheller III. All reviews posted anonymously by Walter Industries employees.