There are newer employer reviews for Warnaco Group

Loosen up on the Strings

I have been working at Warnaco Group

Pros

- Good Benefits
- Hours that allowed for a decent work-life balance
- Nice, helpful, respectful, team-oriented co-workers

Cons

- Compensation is below fair market value - even amidst a down market

- Low morale

- 360 performance reviews where employees rate superiors appeared to be just a front since the data collected on surveys were only filed away with no serious consideration or thoughts into improvements.

- Company does not manage expectations with regards to roles and responsibilities that are communicated. Many additional demands and expectations were made up along the way, further widening the gap between job description and compensation. Role became a "catch all" for all the tasks that sales, marketing and design teams no longer wanted to be bothered with.

- Company was reluctant in embracing much needed newer technology and used antiquated internal sales, product and data programs that were probably relevant in the 1980's. No exaggeration by asking you to conjure up images of "DOS." Standard unnecessary printing of vast reports led to excessive waste of paper and resources.

- HR personnel could use more discretion and professionalism with regards to the manner in which they talk about the hardest working employees behind closed doors with personal information they've been entrusted with.

Executive leadership, needs to trust their management teams enough to give them room to breath. I did not hold a management level position, but was a firsthand witness to how resistant the executive leadership was in loosening up on the reigns on their management teams. This stranglehold naturally trickled down to all the other levels in the hierarchy.

There is such a thing as too many meetings. Don't disrespect your employees by ALWAYS calling them during their much needed vacations or personal time off (ie. birth of a child) for nonsense issues that don't constitute as emergencies. This is an absolute no no and in fact calls into question your ability to lead.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Warnaco Group (View Most Recent)

Not the company to work for if you're looking for a promotion

I have been working at Warnaco Group

Pros

Great benefits, summer fridays, discounts on ck jeans and underwear, and that's about it.

Cons

Like I mentioned in the heading..if you're looking to work in a corporate company because you want to grow in your career and climb up that corporate ladder, well this is not the place for you. In my many years here, I've seen only 1 person get promoted. Managers are incompetent, and your yearly reviews mean nothing.

Management should really learn to appreciate their team. A lot of the lower level positioned employees do majority of the work, while the vp's take the credit. They need to start being leaders, and cut out all the time spent on gossiping.

My experience at Warnaco was very satisfying and I would have stayed forever if the company wasn't sold.

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was a comfortable environment, the director of my department trusted me to do my job and but was always available if needed.

Cons

There were a lot of issues with the processing system we used. We were constantly on the phone trying to get the error corrected.

There are newer employer reviews for Warnaco Group