Warnaco Group
www.warnaco.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Loosen up on the Strings

I have been working at Warnaco Group

Pros- Good Benefits
- Hours that allowed for a decent work-life balance
- Nice, helpful, respectful, team-oriented co-workers

Cons- Compensation is below fair market value - even amidst a down market

- Low morale

- 360 performance reviews where employees rate superiors appeared to be just a front since the data collected on surveys were only filed away with no serious consideration or thoughts into improvements.

- Company does not manage expectations with regards to roles and responsibilities that are communicated. Many additional demands and expectations were made up along the way, further widening the gap between job description and compensation. Role became a "catch all" for all the tasks that sales, marketing and design teams no longer wanted to be bothered with.

- Company was reluctant in embracing much needed newer technology and used antiquated internal sales, product and data programs that were probably relevant in the 1980's. No exaggeration by asking you to conjure up images of "DOS." Standard unnecessary printing of vast reports led to excessive waste of paper and resources.

- HR personnel could use more discretion and professionalism with regards to the manner in which they talk about the hardest working employees behind closed doors with personal information they've been entrusted with.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive leadership, needs to trust their management teams enough to give them room to breath. I did not hold a management level position, but was a firsthand witness to how resistant the executive leadership was in loosening up on the reigns on their management teams. This stranglehold naturally trickled down to all the other levels in the hierarchy.

There is such a thing as too many meetings. Don't disrespect your employees by ALWAYS calling them during their much needed vacations or personal time off (ie. birth of a child) for nonsense issues that don't constitute as emergencies. This is an absolute no no and in fact calls into question your ability to lead.

Not the company to work for if you're looking for a promotion

I have been working at Warnaco Group

Pros: Great benefits, summer fridays, discounts on ck jeans and underwear,… Cons: Like I mentioned in the heading..if you're looking to work in a corporate company because you want to grow in your career and climb up… Advice to Senior Management: Management should really learn to appreciate their team. A lot of the lower level positioned employees do majority of the work,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My experience at Warnaco was very satisfying and I would have stayed forever if the company wasn't sold.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: It was a comfortable environment, the director of my department trusted… Cons: There were a lot of issues with the processing system we used.… More

There are newer reviews on Warnaco Group.

Worked for Warnaco Group? Contribute to the Community!

Warnaco Group – Why Work for Us?

We are a company transformed, focused on global growth and brand building, while staying true to our core values. Over the last decade, PVH Corp. ("PVH") has made several acquisitions that have redefined the identity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Warnaco Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Warnaco Group CEO Helen McCluskey. All reviews posted anonymously by Warnaco Group employees.