Warnaco Group

www.warnaco.com
  www.warnaco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Warnaco Group

No winder it was bought out by PVH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Warnaco Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great brands, lots of potential

Cons

Bad management and work atmosphere. All different brands were so isolated from each other and there was no team spirit. All workers including management talked about each other, it made it hard to build relationships and trust your colleagues. There was no monthly reviews or meetings at all with the head of different sectors, my senior said to me before "sure no one knows what they are doing, its about figuring it" when I asked for guidance on a project. There was also nowhere to move up in the company.

Learn to communicate better. Build a better atmosphere so workers like coming into work. Stop talking about employees when others are in earshot. Organise regular meetings and assessments.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Warnaco Group (View Most Recent)

Good potential , but short-termism messes things up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oud-Gastel (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oud-Gastel (Netherlands)

I have been working at Warnaco Group full-time

Pros

The work conditions are good and the environment is informal, managers are in general flexible and understanding, and some are very qualified and care about employees. Corporate information flow from semior management to employees has improved.

Cons

Projects are often started but never finished, it is hard to find out who is accountable for what. The high level goals are more or less clear, but the path to get there is usually pretty vague and changing, which makes planning hard, as well as getting any commitment from stakeholders.

It's a wonderful and exciting experienced.

Former Employee - QA/QC Inspector in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - QA/QC Inspector in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learn a lot of things being in a buying office and meet people from different countries and of course knowing their cultures was great and awesome experiences that I will keep for life..

Cons

past facing management, no opportunity to prove your worth of because of past facing management. Every change of management they brought in their favorite employee from where they come from and I could say they don't trust the existing ones.

Be fair to all, because everyone works hard. there are some forgotten.

There are newer employer reviews for Warnaco Group