Leader in the industry but may or may not be the best place for you.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment

Pros

For starters they invented the home video business and are one of the most highly regarded home entertainment companies in the world. If you are looking for experience at a world class company you can't go wrong working here. These guys created the playbook! You will be exposed to people that are the best in the business (packaged goods at least). Warner has scale and the track record to pitch and acquire almost any type of property and put it through the well oiled marketing and distribution machine. And of course, there's all those free DVDs :)

Cons

My experience at Warner Bros. and WBHE was that career development takes a back seat. The management team is not empowered in this area. Performance reviews don't seem to matter because there is not a proper rewards structure in place. (Unless of course you are VP or above). I would like to see the company be more aggressive in their transition to digital. Sorry, but top management does not have the guts to make tough decisions. Look how long it took them to pull out of HD-DVD! But what happened when they finally did? All the other studios immediately followed their lead and the format was pronounced dead in days. As an industry leader, Warner Bros. needs to step up to the plate more often.

Communicate more effectively to employees and reward those who perform in a material fashion.

Other Reviews for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment

A Great Experience Overall

Former Employee - Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful perks like discount DVD products, employee screening and good compensation package (esp. Pension).
    A fast-paced environment where you learn many valuable skills.
    Great team work and rapport.

Cons

It was stressful at times to deal with the demanding requests from the U.S. Headquarters office. (I worked at the Canadian Division)
    There isn't much work life balance as management.

Great company

Former Employee - Operations Administrator  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Operations Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Culture was great, people were nice, fun atmosphere yet people knew when to get work done

Cons

I dont have anything bad to say about this company

There are newer employer reviews for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Worked for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!