Warner Bros.

www.warnerbros.com
  www.warnerbros.com
There are newer employer reviews for Warner Bros.

Foot In the Door

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Burbank, CA

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Access to early film screenings, benefits

Cons

Salary. No need to pay you a lot as there are many waiting to take your job

Pay the people better who actually do the work.

247 Other Employee Reviews for Warner Bros. (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity; challenging to get promoted

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Warner Bros. is a prestigious entertainment company that creates great content for some of the best films in the world. I have found it to be a positive experience in terms of having excellent benefits, perks and great co-workers. They promote a strong work/life balance. It's also really fun to work on the WB lot!

Cons

It can be challenging and frustrating to get promoted. You essentially have to leave your department and interview for a higher level position within a different department. And even then, you really have to know someone to get your foot in the door.

I strongly believe there should be a better system of tracking internal applicants and encouraging and supporting internal growth within the company. I also feel there is a disconnect between senior management and support-midlevel staff in terms of communicating overall corporate strategy and the mission of the company.

Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Executive Assistant II in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant II in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The whole lot (and it's a BIG lot) is full of good, talented and happy people. I always said it's the people that will make or break your day and I can honestly say I have never had a bad day here and that is because everyone helps each other and work as a team. We work hard but we also get lots of opportunities to play and have fun. Great company benefits & perks.

Cons

Alot of filming goes on here and that is very exciting but sometimes it can disrupt your work day. Loud explosions for some scenes and closing off the entrance of your bldg entrance because they need to film a scene in the lobby can be annoying at times when you have a meeting to get to but have to wait until the director yells "cut".

Be prepared to wear many hats as the company encourages cross training and job switching. They want people who can figure out ways to improve processes and implement change that will allow the company to grow and be competitive. Be solution oriented, flexible and positive.

There are newer employer reviews for Warner Bros.