Warner Bros.

www.warnerbros.com
There are newer employer reviews for Warner Bros.

Good place to work, but too much management

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Burbank, CA

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good environment. Smart colleagues. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

Way too much management that is repetitive and unnecesarry

Look at the management structure and get rid of the waste.

262 Other Employee Reviews for Warner Bros. (View Most Recent)

A great way to not only see how movies are made, but also be involved with their creation.

Current Employee - Production Support in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Production Support in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The greatest part about working at Warner Brothers is being on the lot. The level of professionalism is high and most jobs allow you to work independently. There are a lot of people to learn from and endless things to learn.

Cons

The film business is changing and contracting. There are a lot fewer jobs and many people are willing to take lesser jobs to stay in the business, so things can be a bit cut throat sometimes. Opportunities for advancement take much longer than they used to.

Union employees should be treated the same as non-union. There is very much a us and them mentality. More should done to create advancement opportunities for hard working employees.

Lots of people failing up here...

Current Employee - Marketing and Public Relations in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing and Public Relations in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Let's face it, it's fun to work for a movie studio, many outstanding perks. WB also offers competitive pay, benefits, and generous paid time off.

Cons

Leadership, or lack thereof. Management here is some of the worst I have ever seen. They don't develop their staff, HR is a joke, there's no focus on employee relations, managers yell/curse at employees, you're expected to work ridiculous hours and on your vacation, very unprofessional, tons of favoritism, I have had zero performance reviews during my tenure, there are way too many VPs and above, and too many people getting promoted when they should not. You can be a terrible manager and still get promoted, we see it all the time.

Thin out your VP levels, especially the old timers, they are so lazy and ineffective. Put a formal career development process in place. Hold managers accountable for developing their staff. Actually enforce annual performance appraisals (just because a score is submitted doesn't mean a conversation ever happened).

There are newer employer reviews for Warner Bros.