Warner Bros.
www.warnerbros.com Burbank, CA 5000+ Employees

Lots of people failing up here...

Marketing and Public Relations (Current Employee)
Burbank, CA

ProsLet's face it, it's fun to work for a movie studio, many outstanding perks. WB also offers competitive pay, benefits, and generous paid time off.

ConsLeadership, or lack thereof. Management here is some of the worst I have ever seen. They don't develop their staff, HR is a joke, there's no focus on employee relations, managers yell/curse at employees, you're expected to work ridiculous hours and on your vacation, very unprofessional, tons of favoritism, I have had zero performance reviews during my tenure, there are way too many VPs and above, and too many people getting promoted when they should not. You can be a terrible manager and still get promoted, we see it all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThin out your VP levels, especially the old timers, they are so lazy and ineffective. Put a formal career development process in place. Hold managers accountable for developing their staff. Actually enforce annual performance appraisals (just because a score is submitted doesn't mean a conversation ever happened).

... started great but the management style of the studio is degenerating

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It's Warner Bros. Better than average pay. Flexible schedule. Great… Cons: Lately they hire completely unqualified people from totally different industries and make kids right out of college senior manager or VP. Upper management literally has… Advice to Senior Management: Pizza Hut used to make new franchise owners spend two weeks doing every job in the business before they could run one. Upper management needs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Started well, but lacked toward the end...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great properties to play with Working with movie studio Cons: Senior management seems uninterested in growing careers of employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Warner Bros..

Worked for Warner Bros.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Warner Bros. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Warner Bros. CEO Barry M. Meyer. All reviews posted anonymously by Warner Bros. employees.