Great People, Passionate, Personable.

Current Employee - Distribution Intern  in  Burbank, CA
Current Employee - Distribution Intern in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Executives are bright, smart, knowledgeable. Internship has more opportunities and access to senior management than full-time employees. Managers are passionate but not detail oriented.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Keep on keeping on!

Other Reviews for Warner Bros.

A slow lumbering beast that remains a cash cow despite itself

Current Employee - Manager  in  Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a big name in the industry, so it sounds impressive. Hours are great and workflow is rather easy. Also, movie screenings.

Cons

Different departments feels like separate companies. There is very little inter-departmental communication, and often it's unclear whether anyone really knows who is doing what. Virtually no mobility outside of personal connections. Outdated technology and heavy bloat of middle management. Other than that the company is basically run by temps and interns.

Stop relying on temp labor as it is inefficient and destroys culture. Consider re-organizing the operations. It's incredibly bloated and people spend more time worrying about appearances, politics, and shifting costs to others' budgets, rather than productivity. Who you know matters more than what you do, and this is an illness for the company. Perhaps implementing better visibility from top management to ground level would make this self-evident. At present, executives have no idea what anyone in their respective department does or how they do it. So different departments operate completely differently from one another for no apparent reason. Company loyalty is a thing of the past. Only thing you hear from people who have been here 10+ is how much they lament what the company has become. That's depressing.

Could be A great Place to Work but they pull out the "Layoff" weapon too often

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time

Pros

Good benefits, great studio lot, some smart people

Cons

My department leadership was awful. I can't say that about every department though. The culture is very harsh. Because of outsourcing and abundance of layoffs, people are afraid to lose their job and act accordingly...paranoid, backstabbing. Highly paid consultants from supposedly prestigious firms have too much control over employees. Also abusive management and HR does not help. HR has no backbone and just implements what department executives want including frequent layoffs to get rid of people they don't like. They have no workforce plan so layoffs are used as a convenient tool.

Too bad...I really wanted to like Warner Bros. I have fond memories and would say that find the right department to get into.

There are newer employer reviews for Warner Bros..

Worked for Warner Bros.? Contribute to the Community!