Washington Mutual

www.wamu.com
There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual

too late. company no longer exists

Current Employee - Senior Internal Controls Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Internal Controls Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Washington Mutual

Pros

used to be the core values and culture, but now what's left is quickly being assimilated by Chase. The only thing left are the branches, which are now Chase

Cons

Bad management ran the company into the ground. Obviously a big downside is that it doesn't exist any more.

Too late now. Thanks for all your hard work in ruining a once proud company.

355 Other Employee Reviews for Washington Mutual (View Most Recent)

A nice place to work before the greed set in

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

My immediate coworkers were extremely warm and caring, and they cared about me as a person.

Cons

I worked in a functional area and didn't feel like there were a lot of people there I could learn from. I came to WaMu with years of Fortune 500 experience in my specialty, and many of the people I worked with seemed like they were in their jobs because they'd been with the bank for years and had just been promoted up through the ranks because they did what executives wanted them to do.

Stay in banking if you can, since many of you would get eaten alive in other industries.

Good salary is possible but beware.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Washington Mutual

Pros

No cap on comissions. Vast network of branches. Training is provided. Marketing department does a fine job of driving in business. Base is low compared to competition, however total compensation is higher than other banks.

Cons

The amount of office politics and favoritism is rampant. Too many incompetent persons are promoted bypassing more knowledgeable employees. Getting along with your regional manager seems to be key to advance in the company. Knowledge and hard-work on brings envy from co-workers.

the amount of cronyism must end. too many good employees are leaving the company due to hopelessness that can occurr.

There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual