Washington Mutual

www.wamu.com

It's a job, not a career

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsDespite some interesting growth opportunities, I'd call it a job and not a career. Decent pay, high turnover. Upper movement determined on office politics rather than merit. But I suppose that's true at many places.

ConsUpper management pushes some questionable growth numbers. Is it possible for a small branch to open 100+ new accounts in a month? Definitely. Are those accounts really needed and necessary in a small community? Probably not.

Advice to Senior ManagementA mission statement should be a mission statement, not a PR device to brainwash employees and consumers alike into thinking poor money management, big fees, and behavior inconsistent with said mission statement.

It was good while it lasted

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Washington Mutual full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It was a nice work environment, coworkers were great. Cons: too much red tape and hard to get point across Advice to Senior Management: listen more to your reports. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lack of Leadership at all levels.

Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: Generally a fair working environment. Cons: Lack of integrity at the leadership levels. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Washington Mutual.

Worked for Washington Mutual? Contribute to the Community!