Washington Mutual

Good place to work

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

Like most companies, there are good managers and bad managers and WaMu was no different. I was fortunate to work for good managers -- people who cared about doing a good job and doing the right things. I had several great opportunities while I was there for promotion and recognition.

Cons

Response time from senior management was slow and indirect. When we could have and should have been dealing with customer and employee fears and concerns, you could hear crickets from the upper floors. It was a shame...

Surround yourself with people who know how to deal with a crisis and can do it quickly - while at the same time not upsetting the regulators.

355 Other Employee Reviews for Washington Mutual (View Most Recent)

Too bad it went under

Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

The Pay and benefits were good....The co-workers were friendly. IT support was good. It was a nice work environment until the the financial crisis hit.

Cons

Poor risk managment at the top. Over the top salaries at the top. The blackberry extends the work day. Should of focused on their core products.

You don't have a job anymore so I don't see why this would matter that much...Hope you have found a job.

Smart people, highly structured place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Business Management Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Management Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

Good compensation and benefits, Professionalism of co-workers was outstanding, Lots of opportunity for visibility and opportunities to work with executives, Good Community support

Cons

Being in the finance industry at this time is very difficult. WaMu is being held up as a "how not to do business".

Despite everything that has happened at WaMu, there were some highly capable, inelligent people who worked there who did everything in their power to make the customer happy. It is a shame that it will be remembered otherwise.

There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual