Washington Mutual

www.wamu.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual

Passive Aggressive Atmosphere, Nice People.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

Work life balance, time off when you need it, people are nice to one another

Cons

Very passive agressive leadership and environment in general. Efficiency and Effectiveness is not valued (on a scale of 1-5 I give this a 2). Leadership is not grounded in reality and seems to focus on the theoretical rather than the issues at hand.

Stop being in the clouds and take the time to figure out what is truly driving the business. You need to quantify risk better.

355 Other Employee Reviews for Washington Mutual (View Most Recent)

IT department at WaMu

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

Benefits, corporate culture was superior, a willingness to train employess, co workers were very competant, knowledgeable and easy to get along with

Cons

corporate leadership was not looking at the big picture or focussed on the needs of the employees. When the company went down employees were left holding the bag

No advice needed, company does not exist any longer as an entity. It is now a part of Chase Bank

Good place to work

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

Like most companies, there are good managers and bad managers and WaMu was no different. I was fortunate to work for good managers -- people who cared about doing a good job and doing the right things. I had several great opportunities while I was there for promotion and recognition.

Cons

Response time from senior management was slow and indirect. When we could have and should have been dealing with customer and employee fears and concerns, you could hear crickets from the upper floors. It was a shame...

Surround yourself with people who know how to deal with a crisis and can do it quickly - while at the same time not upsetting the regulators.

There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual