Kinda Sucky Manager

Former Employee - New Accounts in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - New Accounts in San Diego, CA

Pros

Bonus structure was good and very visable and easy to track. Better commissions than prior employer at B of A.

Cons

Manager was more involved in her own life to notice the entire branch turned over in the 6 months that i was there, including me.

Advice to Management

Manager requirements should be a little bit tougher. Regional should be able to identify this prior to having the entire staff request transfers or leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Washington Mutual

1. Passive Aggressive Atmosphere, Nice People.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst II in Seattle, WA

Pros

Work life balance, time off when you need it, people are nice to one another

Cons

Very passive agressive leadership and environment in general. Efficiency and Effectiveness is not valued (on a scale of 1-5 I give this a 2). Leadership is not grounded in reality and seems to focus on the theoretical rather than the issues at hand.

Advice to Management

Stop being in the clouds and take the time to figure out what is truly driving the business. You need to quantify risk better.

2. Good place to work

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Seattle, WA

Pros

Like most companies, there are good managers and bad managers and WaMu was no different. I was fortunate to work for good managers -- people who cared about doing a good job and doing the right things. I had several great opportunities while I was there for promotion and recognition.

Cons

Response time from senior management was slow and indirect. When we could have and should have been dealing with customer and employee fears and concerns, you could hear crickets from the upper floors. It was a shame...

Advice to Management

Surround yourself with people who know how to deal with a crisis and can do it quickly - while at the same time not upsetting the regulators.