There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual

Ok to work

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

It is a good place to work. To bad the company does not exist Any more. Washington Mutual was a very good bank.

Cons

The company no longer is in business. It should of made better choices about who it loaned money to. But instead they had a lot of bad loans on their books

Advice to Management

Do a better job at keeping a company alive

reviews filtered by
  1. Kinda Sucky Manager

Former Employee - New Accounts in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - New Accounts in San Diego, CA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

Bonus structure was good and very visable and easy to track. Better commissions than prior employer at B of A.

Cons

Manager was more involved in her own life to notice the entire branch turned over in the 6 months that i was there, including me.

Advice to Management

Manager requirements should be a little bit tougher. Regional should be able to identify this prior to having the entire staff request transfers or leave.

2. Good place to work

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros

Like most companies, there are good managers and bad managers and WaMu was no different. I was fortunate to work for good managers -- people who cared about doing a good job and doing the right things. I had several great opportunities while I was there for promotion and recognition.

Cons

Response time from senior management was slow and indirect. When we could have and should have been dealing with customer and employee fears and concerns, you could hear crickets from the upper floors. It was a shame...

Advice to Management

Surround yourself with people who know how to deal with a crisis and can do it quickly - while at the same time not upsetting the regulators.

There are newer employer reviews for Washington Mutual