Washington State Auditors
www.sao.wa.gov Olympia, WA

State Auditor's

Assistant State Auditor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat flexibility, great work/life balance, they only expect you to put in your 40 hours, flex-schedules are available, extensive opportunities to see the inner workings of state and local governments, and to present information to elected officials in public meetings.

ConsThe career track is limited if you want to get exposure to different types of auditing. Promotions can come quick until you get to the first step in management. At that point, openings are limited, competitive, and partially driven by politics. It is possible to work here for an entire career and not go into management if that is what you want, but compensation is limited if you do that.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on expanding the types of auditing done so staff can become more well-rounded in their experiences. Sure, this makes them more attractive to other employers but it also builds their strengths.

Started with high expectations, now disappointed

Assistant State Auditor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Washington State Auditors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible hours, depending on current management agenda Can't be fired easily Interesting, varied and sometimes fun work In teams that have… Cons: Stress Very little room for growth and promotions, no technical promotional paths Striving to meet goals, increase client satisfaction, or create excellent or efficient work does not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Former Assistant State Auditor 3 who worked for the organizations for almost 5 years

Assistant State Auditor III (Former Employee)
    Tacoma, WA

I worked at Washington State Auditors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: My team had one of the best audit managers as a boss and mentor and almost all of the team's Assistant Audit Managers were just… Cons: When accounting rules change or complexity in an audit justified an adjustment in the audits budget hours for additional time, many times those budgets could… Advice to Senior Management: Luckily I had some great on the job trainers when I first started at SAO back in the late 1990's early 2000's, other colleagues where… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Washington State Auditors.

Worked for Washington State Auditors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Washington State Auditors reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Washington State Auditors employees.