Washington State Liquor Control Board

liq.wa.gov
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Washington State Liquor Control Board

A satisfying and life long career.

I have been working at Washington State Liquor Control Board

Pros

High level of pride in achieving and maintaining excellence in operations, employee recognition, maximizing efficiency while minimizing costs, progressive thinking, flexibility to accept change, positive work culture, and accountability.

Cons

Low pay, constant unwarranted criticism from an uneducated and uninformed public, viewed negatively simply because we are a government agency, overlooked for our many accomplishments and contributions to our communities and the state in general.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Washington State Liquor Control Board (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if you have the right staff.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Bonney Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Bonney Lake, WA

I worked at Washington State Liquor Control Board full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in one of the retail stores. You're petty much on your own and I like that. If you have a question or need help usually someone will help you.

Cons

Once you're hired on, it seems like it is almost immpossible to get fired. I mean I seen people get away with alot! It is frustrating to everyone, especially the manager who wants them fired! And for very good reason too!

I had a very enjoyable three years.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Washington State Liquor Control Board part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits were great. The management and co workers made the job fun and and were very supportive of each other.

Cons

Poor decision making from the Legislature. The stores were not allowed to carry the extra items associated with liquor sales.

To the state, don't allow the Legislature to control a retail operation. Hire a retail person to manage the inventory assortment.

There are newer employer reviews for Washington State Liquor Control Board