Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission

www.wsscwater.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission

It's good for what it is...

I have been working at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission

Pros

Stable, very little stress, great benefits.

Cons

If you are looking to move forward in your career DO NOT take an entry-level position with hopes of getting promoted. Promotion opportunities are limited because most people tend to stay around for a long time.

Put your employeese first.

reviews filtered by
  1. Pays the bills

I have been working at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission full-time

Pros

Stable job with stable pay. As long as you show up on time and do your job, it's next to impossible to get fired.

Cons

Being a blue collar job, there's quite a bit of racism, sexism, and homophobia that goes on when people think no one important is listening. Revolving shift work can really take its toll over time as well.

Ignorance breeds ignorance, not really sure what can be done about the toxic culture, as policies and annual training are already in place to try to curtail the behavior.

2. Very Bad

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Laurel, MD

I worked at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very stable company
    Finacially very solid
    Good Pension

Cons

I worked in IT department for 7 years. All kinds of corruption and unethical activities are rampant and managers have unlimited powers. As an honest employee, I was reporting the corrupt and unethical activities to proper channels but through all these years things did not get better and work environment became tougher and tougher for me. It was a gangs like culture and if you are not part of the corrupt gang, then your work environment is made very tough for you . When I got disappointed and found out that all my complaints not only went in vain but some how were being circled back to the culprits (gangs) , who in turn were making work environment more tough for me - disappointed I resigned in protest... and Thanks God my new job is 100 times better , more pay, very professional work environment.. Some times I say to myself, why did I waste 7 years of my professional life in WSSC

Listen to honest employees,
    Talk to employees who left in protest

There are newer employer reviews for Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission