Washington University in St. Louis

There are newer employer reviews for Washington University in St. Louis

Research Patient Coordinator position is very frustrating and overworked

Current Employee - Research Patient Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Research Patient Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Washington University in St. Louis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learning about the clinical trials, cancer research and interacting with physicians are great. It is extremely rewarding to work with patients and develop relationships with them.

Cons

Coordinators are expected to work weekends and extra hours to enroll new patients on clinical trials. Very little support is offered to the coordinators and the position is very frustrating.

340 Other Employee Reviews for Washington University in St. Louis (View Most Recent)

Enlightening

Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Staff Scientist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Washington University in St. Louis full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Investigators are involved in cutting edge, state of the art research. It's a top notch school.

Cons

Cross talk is minimal. The environment is very competitive and investigators are reluctant to form collaborations within individual departments due to funding conflicts.

Top research university with great resources.

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Access to an extensive network of top class research, education and community resources. I worked with well-funded Primary Investigators who are leaders in their field. They empowered me to learn and contribute. Great benefits.

Cons

I loved the intro to Wash U culture but it didn't necessarily translate into each lab, these brand promises were clearly HR focused but didn't have great penetration into all departments and I didn't have much interaction with these great HR people.

There are newer employer reviews for Washington University in St. Louis