I absolutely loved working for Washington University. The experience will vary by position and departmen.

Former Employee - Coder  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Coder in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Washington University in St. Louis full-time

Pros

Washington University offers an excellent benefit package and makes that information available to all current or potential employees.

-Medical, Vision, Long Term Disability
-22 Vacation Days, 12 Sick Days Annually

Cons

work-life balance was not near ideal. In my particular office the culture was your work is your life, no exceptions. This is not the case in all departments and I would still recommend this employer.

In my particular department work-life balance should have been considered and respected more as having balance would not affect an employees performance or productivity.

Other Reviews for Washington University in St. Louis

Good for work/study

Current Employee - Workstudy Student  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Workstudy Student in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Washington University in St. Louis part-time

Pros

Changing between work/study jobs is never a huge problem, and they are always flexible with your schedule, which is really nice!

Cons

The jobs vary so much while the pay is more or less the same, so be aware of when you pick a work/study job and consider the other factors that come into play

Research Assistant

Current Employee - Research Assistant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Washington University in St. Louis part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great facilities, professional staff and organization. The environment really fosters personal growth and professors are generally very friendly and approachable. Everyone is treated equally in the work place.

Cons

Younger students can be without manners sometimes. Working late hours is sometimes inconvenient due to building access limits.

Please hire better IT staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Washington University in St. Louis.

Worked for Washington University in St. Louis? Contribute to the Community!