Waste Connections

www.wasteconnections.com

A lot of Nice People Work Here

Administrative (Former Employee)

ProsHonestly - everyone is really nice and down to earth. Can be flexible with work hours depending on what job you hold. Very casual atmosphere. The company does a lot of work for the community and charities. Again, a nice group of people.

ConsManagers are treated like royalty and they are usually young. A lot of money is spent on keeping managers happy and not much trickles down to the every day employee. Not a lot of advancement unless you are in your 20s.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize how valuable your employees are. They work just as hard as your managers do and in some cases keep the department working. A thank you or a gift card would be welcome. Managers are not the only important asset you have. If all the accounting staff, admin. staff walked out, there would be no company. Realize a good employee is not easy to replace no matter how many people are out of work.

carefull

Residential Driver (Current Employee) The Dalles, OR

I have been working at Waste Connections full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: pay is good and customers are good Cons: you are just a number and if you get hurt,,look out because you will have a big… Advice to Senior Management: you should do a little undercover work and at random slide undercover employees into different districts to find out how the district managers really… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK. Nothing to rave about.

Route Driver/Shop Help (Former Employee) Eugene, OR

I worked at Waste Connections full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits. OK pay depending on location. Cons: Claims to be worker friendly, but in the end your… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Waste Connections.

Worked for Waste Connections? Contribute to the Community!