Waste Industries USA

www.wasteindustries.com
  www.wasteindustries.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Industries USA

Worst management and communications I have ever experienced.

Former Employee - Driver in Townsend, DE
Former Employee - Driver in Townsend, DE

I worked at Waste Industries USA

Pros

The only good thing was the pay and benefits.

Cons

The company is micro managed. At the Townsend yard people are treated like garbage. you also have no personal life. they make drivers work 60 to 70 hours a week. And we only use to work between 40 and 50, they expect us to do all this extra work but for no more money than what we were making. All in all I have been in the industry for over 10 years and I think this is a very poorly run company.

Listen to the people that are out on the road. At least make it seem that you care about peoples personal lives.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Industries USA (View Most Recent)

Working here is a STRESSFUL work enviroment.

Current Employee - Driver in Summerville, SC
    Current Employee - Driver in Summerville, SC

I have been working at Waste Industries USA

Pros

Great pay, and benefits, also opportunity to move up.

Cons

Bad management, promotions to unqualified people, disrespect, the management in the Summerville ,SC office is very unprofessional. I have worked in several location throughout the states and this office is by far the worst i have worked in. Waste Industries is a wonderful place to work, as long as you don't get stuck in the Summerville, SC shop. If the Corporate office would look into Management in this office, they would be shocked at what really goes on in here. Mistreatment of employees, and getting rid of the good employees with bogus reasons. It will all blow up one day.

Check into the Summerville,SC office!!! The management is very corrupt, they are letting go the good workers that have worked here for years, and hiring and keeping on slackers and anyone who questions the issues that are going on. If Corporate does not intervene soon, this shop is going to self destruct.

What's Up, how are we doing?

Current Employee - Dump Site Worker in Burgaw, NC
    Current Employee - Dump Site Worker in Burgaw, NC

I have been working at Waste Industries USA

Pros

Its very rewarding when you get to help others and meet members of your community. I often hear from them "You are so helpful." The members of my community also tell me Thank You, have a great day and often I hear God Bless You. It makes me smile and feel good about myself because of the way they respond to me and my actions toward them. Some of the people even bring me fresh food from their gardens and that makes me know they are thinking of me even when they aren't at the dump site. There are a few gentlemen that always offer me a bottle of water. Two sisters share goodies with me when they bake. I get treated so well from my community members it's too much to mention all they do or say to make me feel appreciated. On the down side you have to deal with the elements of Mother Nature. I don't get too much feedback about what is going on at Waste Industries. I wish they had a bulletion that informed us of whats going on and openings within the company. The pay could be better too. We have to pass a drug test and background check but only make Minimun wage.

Cons

It's a very Dirty Job. You have to deal with maggots, flys, roaches, mice etc...
    You are around metal containers and have to work in extreme heat, cold, rain and thunderstorms.

Create a newsletter or talk to the employees and inform them of openings or promotions within the company. Upgrade the salary scale for outside workers. Offer some benefits for part time workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Industries USA