Fast-paced, high demand

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

cutting edge technology, high degree of business interaction

Cons

for some people: extremely demanding, shifting priorities is difficult to handle

Advice to Management

communicated with employees more often

Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management

Why do you have to take from us ?

Current Employee - Driver in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I really can't say anymore!

Cons

Mico managed, never thanked, just asked what took you so long, no raise, the trucks are old and embarrassing to drive, our insurance is going up, trucks break down they never have no parts you get stuck driving some real crap holes in the floor heaters don't work smoke gets in the cab and you smell not to mention the head ache from it the smell and with dealing with all of that the stress is really high they have all these new employees who are placed in orange baton duty in the morning they are puppets for management to say our employees are happy they don't know nothing about this place how much we have lost this was a good place to work and now its going down thanks for donating my turkey this year and taking my raise away don't worry gas went up food went up! Even our CEO's bonus keeps going up thanks boss!

Advice to Management

I feel bad for route managers shop managers most of all I feel bad for all the people who work here and watching this place go down hill while our ceo is getting bonuses higher then his salary! Again thanks boss

2. Busy company, great people.

Former Contractor - Contractor in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Houston, TX

I worked at Waste Management as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to work on high quality projects and get involved in programs that help drive the company forward.

Cons

The fast paced environment and high turnover keep employees busy and feeling overworked and underappreciated.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in keeping best talent working on important projects, while freeing up some of their time from work that can be delegated to others.