Waste Management

www.wm.com
  www.wm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

High pressure, high demand. Your best is never good enough.

Former Employee - Internal Auditor in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Internal Auditor in Houston, TX

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The co-workers are nice and pleasant people. Field management is a pleasure to work with. You will be exposed to different projects and you learn a lot in a short amount of time. The benefits are good. Not bad if you want to spend a short time and move on to a better place. Afterall, it's a Fortune 200.

Cons

You give an inch, the management wants a foot. The work pressure is overwhelming. Don't expect a promotion either, they always hire externally even when there is qualified people in house. Morale is low and there are a lot of disgruntled employees.

Senior management no longer understands what is going on in the field and listened too much to external consultants who really don't understand the business. They want to meet (& beat) analysts' projections and have let go a lot of the good people. Treat your employees the way they deserved to be treated.

497 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced, high demand

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

cutting edge technology, high degree of business interaction

Cons

for some people: extremely demanding, shifting priorities is difficult to handle

communicated with employees more often

Why do you have to take from us ?

Current Employee - Driver in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at Waste Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really can't say anymore!

Cons

Mico managed, never thanked, just asked what took you so long, no raise, the trucks are old and embarrassing to drive, our insurance is going up, trucks break down they never have no parts you get stuck driving some real crap holes in the floor heaters don't work smoke gets in the cab and you smell not to mention the head ache from it the smell and with dealing with all of that the stress is really high they have all these new employees who are placed in orange baton duty in the morning they are puppets for management to say our employees are happy they don't know nothing about this place how much we have lost this was a good place to work and now its going down thanks for donating my turkey this year and taking my raise away don't worry gas went up food went up! Even our CEO's bonus keeps going up thanks boss!

I feel bad for route managers shop managers most of all I feel bad for all the people who work here and watching this place go down hill while our ceo is getting bonuses higher then his salary! Again thanks boss

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management