Waste Management

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management

Just ok

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Southfield, MI

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice employees who are willing to assist you. Benefits are ok. My peers were delightful and most helpful when staring out and had questions. The training is descent.

Cons

They should increase the pay. Respect and implement some employee based ideas to improve the work production and flow of business.

management needs some training in being personable

498 Other Employee Reviews for Waste Management (View Most Recent)

Ex-employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best team members I have ever worked with. Everyone on the team worked hard, dedicated, smart and driven! Weak management....anyone that was competent left the company!

Cons

The company and it's management doesn't care how much salaried employees work, how many hours, what is going on in your personal life! They own you! I likened it to slave labor! I had enough of working nights, weekends, holidays. I traveled away from my family for months at a time. Just to have Steiner pull all of our annual bonuses AFTER we had already worked for it! That was the final straw! They even hired new employees under the guise of salary compensation packages including bonuses and then after bringing them onboard to tell them NO bonuses. How do they get away with it? I agree with other reviews that Steiner only cares about himself.....not the stupid board members that allow him to continue at the helm with his misguided pompous arrogance that he can continue to raise prices of the existing customers that are left. The company is losing business rather than growing. So unless the board members dump Steiner this company is destined for being bought out by competitors! I'm just glad I got out before that happened. I worked for this company for a very long time and was sad to leave but had to and would advise anyone considering working for this company....THINK AGAIN!

Disappointing at best

Former Employee - Setup Coordinator in New Town, PA
    Former Employee - Setup Coordinator in New Town, PA

I worked at Waste Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my work, the pay was decent and I had hours that didn't change.

Cons

There is a LOT of racism and not in the way you may think. If a white employee makes racist remarks, they are fired immediately. If a black employee makes remarks, it takes an 8 month investigation before they are talked to. Managers do not discipline fairly. If you buddy up to them, you do not get disciplined. Higher work loads are given to the people that actually work and those that don't do their jobs are not held accountable. The attendance policy is ridiculous. If you get sick and call out on a Monday or Friday, you are given a written warning. No raises-even to hard workers. Was promised promotion for a year but not given because they could not afford to let me out of my role. I was rewarded with my department being relocated across the country. There is no reward for extraordinary work. Disappointing at best. No overtime given when absolutely needed, causing customers to suffer. Company is failing quickly and the "restructuring" is making the lives of working employees horrible.

No point in giving any. They don't listen to what employees are saying. It seems like as long as the little guy works just hard enough to earn the corporate bonuses and they hire enough minorities to earn tax credit, they're happy.

There are newer employer reviews for Waste Management